How to Select the Right Wedding Photographer
The Professional Photographers of America website posted great advice to help brides and grooms select the right photographer for their big day... Here is a useful article from their website (https://www.ppa.com).
Your wedding only lasts one day, but you’ll want to hold onto the pictures forever. Unfortunately, statistics show that many brides take big risks with their memories… by simply not knowing what to look for. To help you select a photographer who will make your wedding story one-of-a-kind, try these suggestions:
- Interview several photographers: Ask questions about their styles. Most wedding photographers offer either traditional, posed portraits or a candid photojournalism style. Some offer a combination. You should also ask if the photographer specializes in black and white or color photography.
- Look at samples: Ask to see albums that show wedding coverage from start to finish. This will give you an idea of both the style and quality each photographer provides.
- Ask about backups: Always ask if the photographer carries back-up equipment. Also, make sure the photographer has a ready replacement who can photograph your wedding if he or she becomes ill.
- Develop a relationship: Look for a photographer who you are comfortable with. Remember, you are not hiring someone to simply take pictures, but to tell the story of your special day. A skilled professional will want to know about the bride and groom – your personalities and preferences.
- Communicate: Make sure the photographer has a clear understanding of your expectations. Take the time to sit down and discuss the services provided and the fees involved. This helps avoid any future misunderstandings.
- Photo or video? Photography and videography are two distinctly different fields—both requiring extensive training to produce high-quality results. Depending on your personal taste and budget, you may want both photo and video coverage of your wedding.
- Ask about credentials: Membership in a professional association, certification or a photography degree shows a level of commitment to the profession and their photographic art. These types of credentials can help you determine which photographer is right for you.
- Check references: A friend’s recommendation, the Better Business Bureau and professional associations are excellent sources of information.
Please contact me if you have any questions or if you'd like any additional advice on Wedding photographer selection. Images by Seb is a Wedding photographer locate in Scottsdale, Arizona
Images by Seb - Website - Seb@imagesbyseb.com Wedding, Fitness, Fashion, Portrait, Maternity, Commercial/Advertising & Fine Art Photographer in Scottsdale, AZ